Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Newbie Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2008, 10:30 PM
Site Admin

I pay $555 for a two bedroom. I <3 Hazel Dell.

A friend came down from Auburn for the Roller Derby and his friend said to him "If I'd have known I was coming to the hood, I would've brought my gun"

hehehee

Sometimes white people = funny!

Last edited by LESTER; 12-31-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:39 PM
Site Admin

Hey, jgad, does that OTB joint still exist in Saint Johns?

I guess I wouldn't be getting down there 'til after the smoking ban, so it won't be the same, but I still LOVE Off Track Betting!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Site Admin

The off track betting place is still there, i think. at least the bar that does it has the sign up on the side facing N Ivanhoe. I have never been in there,mostly out of fear of paramutual fever.

the smoke is another fine deterrent. even with the new smoking ban, i bet it takes 30 years for them to get the stink out.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Site Admin

Housing density in the SW suburbs is now approaching that of old Portland. Doesn't have the "cachet" of inner-Portland cool, but you can be a trendsetter pretty much anywhere you want to in the Pdx area. There's really not a bad place to bike here. Visit the area, ride the max and bus lines, march to your own drummer.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Site Admin

Default Hollywood neighborhood

I live in the Hollywood district and think it's just the best for bike commuting to all points around Portland. I've choices that allow me to network the side streets, paths, and dedicated bike lanes to go anywhere I choose. I'm sure the same may be attributed to all of Portland's close in areas.

A few months ago, I was off work for a month, and decided to research, ride, and evaluate the best connections to get around the extents of the metro region. As an incidental benefit, I ended up assembling tours around the immediate region ranging from 20 - 100 miles that included all, or a few of Portland's diverse neighborhoods (N.E., S.E., S.W., North and West). If possible, in my opinion, I'd avoid East County region. The cycle commuting choices narrow as one goes too far east.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacorota View Post
I live in the Hollywood district and think it's just the best for bike commuting to all points around Portland. I've choices that allow me to network the side streets, paths, and dedicated bike lanes to go anywhere I choose. I'm sure the same may be attributed to all of Portland's close in areas.

A few months ago, I was off work for a month, and decided to research, ride, and evaluate the best connections to get around the extents of the metro region. As an incidental benefit, I ended up assembling tours around the immediate region ranging from 20 - 100 miles that included all, or a few of Portland's diverse neighborhoods (N.E., S.E., S.W., North and West). If possible, in my opinion, I'd avoid East County region. The cycle commuting choices narrow as one goes too far east.
Very cool. I'm glad to hear this about Hollywood. If you get a chance, I would love to learn more about those tour routes you compiled.

Scott