Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Site Admin

Default 205 bike path

Does anyone know if the the i205 bike paths goes all the way to Clackamas Town Center?
Old 02-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Site Admin

Yup, it sure does! Follow it south and you'll eventually hit Sunnyside Rd., which is about as bike unfriendly as you can get. There are a fair number of sidewalks, though.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Site Admin

Default unfriendly street

Sunnyside road, how unfriendly is it. I have to get from highway 212/224 to the bike path on 205. from what i can see, i can cut through from SE 135 over to SE 122nd, and take Sunnyside road to Clackamas Town center, and then back to my home in NE Portland via bike path.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Site Admin

Default Monterey Exit

The best route off the 205 bike path to the Clackamas Towne Center is to exit at Monterey st and go down the hill. Then turn left into the bus mall section of the CTC.

Work to Eat
Eat to Live
Live to Bike
Bike to Work
Old 02-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Site Admin

Default 205 Bike Path go bye-bye.

The MAX Green line will shut down the 205 bike path.

Details here (it's a link to a PDF, not a website).

http://www.trimet.org/pdfs/i205/bikepathfactsheet.pdf

PDOT/ODOT laid down some nice bike lanes on 92nd, but that's a pretty crappy road between Powell and Foster. So I dunno. No trip to CTC for me, I guess.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdoom View Post
The MAX Green line will shut down the 205 bike path.
No way! I use that trail regularly and hadn't heard about this before now. Wow, that sucks. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:05 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
PDOT/ODOT laid down some nice bike lanes on 92nd, but that's a pretty crappy road between Powell and Foster. So I dunno. No trip to CTC for me, I guess.
Did they lay down lanes up on the hill near Johnson Creek Boulevard?

Quote:
92nd between Holgate and Foster is narrow and unless PDX is willing to let Lents Park be torn up right by the baseball stadium it's not going to change. They might bar on street parking by the residents, but that seems unlikely, too.
The Tri-Met pdf specifically states they are not changing Holgate-Foster. The road is too narrow.

Quote:
For me the whole street is just too bloody hilly, and it comes to a dead end at about Halsey on the north end and past Johnson Creek it turns into a fairly steep up hill slope.
Actually, it comes to a dead end at Stark/Washington, and the hill on the south side starts long before JCB. JCB is near the middle of the hill, but it keeps climbing past that up to Otty Road, where 92nd becomes Bob Schumacher Drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguyonabike View Post
I ride the 205 stretch daily and had been curious why all the heavy equipment started showing up earlier this month. I had no idea this is LRT.
Most of what they are doing right now is leveling the sites for the stations, and laying the ground work there for the utilities.

Quote:
Actually the 205 bike path is now blocked at SE Harold while TriMet builds a light rail bridge.
The Harold closure began on Monday, two days ago. First of many, I guess. I'm not taking 92nd - too hilly for me. I come off the Springwater Trail to the 205 trail, so I'm now detouring down to King / Causey and cutting through the CTC parking lot to get to the trail again at I-205 and Sunnyside. On days when I feel daring, I sometimes take the bike lanes on 82nd that run from somewhere between JCB and King to just past Monterrey.

One thing's for sure - the closures will be a pain.