View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Site Admin

Arrow Westside *Neighborhood Connections* Route

I've been working on a workout/exploration route through many of the westside neighborhoods including Hillsboro, Beaverton, and Cedar Mill.

This route has two nic's... *NiteRide*, since I started development on moonlit nights...
and today, rode it backward and saw this as a neighborhood exploration ride to wit *Neighborhood Connections* since for the most part, it meanders its way through the main suburban arteries of some pretty well known sections of the west side.

The route is a full 30 miles long; can easily be achieved in under 3 hours at a fun pace; entails ~300' elevation change [not sure of cumulative gain]; requires minimal lighting as much of the route is well lit by street lights; bike lanes on most major roads. Recommended start point would be Orenco Max station, but that's just a personal preference.

I'll work on this route some more if there is an interest. Would love to ride this route sometime with others. I've done this ride at least a half dozen times now. Let me know if route sheets and a detailed Bikely map is desired. I definitely prefer the clockwise direction.

Elevation plot in the counterclockwise direction

Last edited by Simple Nature; 10-17-2008 at 05:02 PM.