Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) (http://bikeportland.org/forum/index.php)
-   Notices & Feedback (http://bikeportland.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Out of the loop... Connectivity problems. (http://bikeportland.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4127)

K'Tesh 01-30-2012 09:52 AM

Out of the loop... Connectivity problems.
 
I'm having computer problems at home... I can access every website I want it seems, except for BP. (I tried MIE, Chrome, and Safari) (I'm currently accessing this from school).

Quote:

[EDIT...
Turns out I'm not the only one having this issue... There's some problem with a new program that Jonathan is trying to run to keep the spammers from overloading his server, and it's kicking out legitimate users such as myself.

If you are reading this and having a similar issue with your home computer, run an antivirus program on your machine (links provided lower in the thread), and figure out your IP address, and email that to:

Jonathan(at)bikeportland(DO+)org

with the subject:

Connection problems with BikePortland.org?

Sorry for the inconvience... /EDIT]

That is All...
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...oc6omi5D4CmrlQ

q`Tzal 01-30-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K'Tesh (Post 28120)

Thanks Walter.:D

RonC 01-31-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by q`Tzal (Post 28121)
Thanks Walter.:D

???

Walter Cronkite: "And that's the way it is..."

John Hodgman: "That is All"
(Reading his book now. Very silly - in a good way!)

That is all...:)

Alan 01-31-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonC (Post 28125)
???

Walter Cronkite: "And that's the way it is..."

John Hodgman: "That is All"
(Reading his book now. Very silly - in a good way!)

That is all...:)

There could be a generational thing going on but here's another clue:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/...HenryBlake.jpg

RonC 01-31-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 28126)
There could be a generational thing going on but here's another clue:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/...HenryBlake.jpg

Whoops. That's my generation! I should have remembered that, but when you get to be my age... ;)

Alan 01-31-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonC (Post 28129)
Whoops. That's my generation! I should have remembered that, but when you get to be my age... ;)

*chuckle* No kidding! (Me Too!) Let's say that the 'generational thing' is between Henry and Walter. ;)

K'Tesh 01-31-2012 01:37 PM

My RADAR is still jammed.
 
I wish I could access the forums from home... No replies to my calls for help.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7...4zqpo1_500.png

Alan 01-31-2012 01:45 PM

network issues...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K'Tesh (Post 28131)
I wish I could access the forums from home... No replies to my calls for help.

I'm suspecting you might have a DNS issue, maybe a nameserver is not correctly listed in your network configs. Is that something you can check?

From your home system, can you ping bikeportland.org? How about 74.55.247.66 (the IP that hosts bikeportland.org)?

Are other sites loading OK for you, from home?

totaled108 01-31-2012 01:54 PM

I love M.A.S.H, as much as my dad did when it was on TV for it's first run!!!

K'Tesh 01-31-2012 02:01 PM

When I get home, I'll see if if that works.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 28132)
I'm suspecting you might have a DNS issue, maybe a nameserver is not correctly listed in your network configs. Is that something you can check?

From your home system, can you ping bikeportland.org? How about 74.55.247.66 (the IP that hosts bikeportland.org)?

Are other sites loading OK for you, from home?

I'll look into that... hopefully it won't take Maj. Surgery (or Gen. Anesthesia) too get fixed.

http://steveropa.files.wordpress.com...01/mash-or.jpg


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.