PDA

View Full Version : Police "Enforcement" SE 20th & Harrison

AroSvelte
06-21-2007, 07:38 PM
I've seen two bikes stopped in about 20 minutes (7:20pm -7:40pm) on SE 20th at Harrison.
I talked to one of the riders and he was ticketed for not coming to a complete stop, southbound on 20th at Harrison. I've not seen any cars pulled over yet.

TiAx
06-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Do you know if this was a sting area set-up? Or just a bicyclist not obeying the law in front of a police officer?

At least that's a more high traffic area than the roundabout in Ladd's edition.

AroSvelte
06-26-2007, 06:34 PM
There were at least two officers on motorcycles that stopped 4 bikes in front of my house and possibly one out of sight (motorcycle zooming past with lights on....). I talked to one of the cyclists who admitted not stopping. In the 45 minutes I was watching, no cars were pulled over in front of my house, which was the first open space on the street, but that doesn't prove that no cars were pulled over.

Duncan
06-29-2007, 07:46 AM
I saw someone getting a DUI last night on his bike on Alberta...

fetishridr
06-29-2007, 11:19 AM
a BUI!
i once lent a roomate my 10 speed. he wasnt safe to drive. he crashed it into not one but two PARKED cars on the ride home.
i hope that person hurt neither themselves or someone else.

Jakelin
06-29-2007, 11:49 AM
My friend claims his buddy got a ticket for walking his bike home from a bar in Oak Grove because he didn't feel safe riding it after drinking. I asked him if it was a ticket for drunken in public instead but he said that they gave him a ticket for BUI. I guess having your hands on the handlbars while you walk it constitues operating a bike?

Never could confirm the details personally but I thought it was pretty sucky to ticket someone for being responsible and not riding.

Starkmojo
07-01-2007, 09:15 AM
can be that way. a friend of mine got a DUI in Olympia for skateboarding on the sidewalk- he beat it in court (because a skateboard is not a vehicle under WA law) but it cost him 3 grand to do so.

Rixtir
07-02-2007, 01:33 PM
My friend claims his buddy got a ticket for walking his bike home from a bar in Oak Grove because he didn't feel safe riding it after drinking. I asked him if it was a ticket for drunken in public instead but he said that they gave him a ticket for BUI. I guess having your hands on the handlbars while you walk it constitues operating a bike?

Never could confirm the details personally but I thought it was pretty sucky to ticket someone for being responsible and not riding.There's no BUI law in Oregon, like there is in California. In Oregon, it's a DUI, the same as if you were driving a car. If this guy was really ticketed for DUI while walking his bike, he needs to fight the ticket tooth and nail.