PDA

View Full Version : disappearing comments

Michael
06-06-2007, 07:52 PM
What is going on with the last couple comments I posted? They never appeared, and a second try caused a wordpress error message to say it was a duplicate. Have I been blacklisted? They were not THAT bad, were they?

wsbob
06-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Haven't noticed that, but have noticed that the comment preview doesn't seem to be working as of...I think, Monday.

Jonathan Maus
06-06-2007, 11:09 PM
sorry about those missing comments. not sure why or where they went. I don't see them in my spam filter. did you maybe leave them and it just took me a while to approve them through moderation?

as for the live comment preview... I have no idea why that stopped working. that, along with the slashes showing up in the comments, and now my RSS feed is down. dang. sucks. working on it.

quodlibet
06-07-2007, 08:05 AM
A new thread I posted two days ago seems to have disappeared, comments and all. Don't know if that's a useful data point or just more annoyance...

Jonathan Maus
06-07-2007, 08:33 AM
A new thread I posted two days ago seems to have disappeared, comments and all. Don't know if that's a useful data point or just more annoyance...

I deleted that thread because a friend helping me diagnose my broken RSS feed said it had something to do with a character in the title of the thread. sounds crazy I know. I am trying anything to fix the RSS feed and simply editing the title didn't help... so I deleted it completely, and the feed is still down. I think I must have some virus or something in my computer or in my server... because this morning the site is lagging big time.

as for your thread quodlibet, I copy/pasted the whole thing into Word so I'll re-post it when I can. sorry for that but please understand I am not a tech wizard so I do what I can to fix problems with the site. if anyone can help, get in touch jonathan@bikeportland.org.