PDA

View Full Version : BikeFiets HOW MUCH??

nishiki
06-06-2007, 09:11 AM
So how much they cost? Nobody can give me a straight answer!

mizake
06-06-2007, 12:46 PM
it took me a while to hunt down prices, but i finally found a website for a chain of shops (possibly the manufacturer - can't read danish) in denmark that sell them (bakfietsen).

http://www.tmannetje.nl/

if you click on the "bakfietsen" link you will be directed to a page with lots of bakfietsen (duh). the cheapest one was going for € 1395 ($1 884.36). granted, this may not be indicative of all shops in denmark, it will prevent me from getting one for a long time considering the cost of shipping and taxes and other things that will be tacked on one available in a local shop. oh, and that i have a decent trailer and that TWO-THOUSAND dollars is a shit ton of money. for my partner and i, that is.

really pretty bikes though.

Tbird
06-06-2007, 02:10 PM
the bakfietsen being sold at CleverCylces are priced in line with those listed above. They may be slightly more, but not by much ( I'm not a representative of CC, so don't quote me.) Really not a bad price if you think about the price I paid for my Santa Cruz Blur was about TWICE that, and I can only haul myself on that. The bakfiets is a cargo bike, so you can haul the kids, groceries, lumber, gardening supplies, laundry, your dog or about anything you can think of...

Wheee!

tfahrner
06-06-2007, 07:28 PM
So how much they cost? Nobody can give me a straight answer!

The bakfietsen for sale at Clever Cycles right now cost $2800. $2799 if you mention this ad. The short version is $50 less. The previous container full sold for $2,500. This batch has upgraded lighting, gearing, paint, pedals, seatpost, spokes... hence the price hike.

Tbird
06-06-2007, 08:55 PM
My bad... I guess I should check my facts before posting.

Rixtir
06-08-2007, 04:33 PM
The bakfiets is a cargo bike, so you can haul the kids, groceries, lumber, gardening supplies, laundry, your dog or about anything you can think of...

Wheee!An xtracycle is a cargo bike too, and I'm pretty sure an xtracycle won't cost $2800...