PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: PEDALPHILE, name change

fetishridr
06-05-2007, 05:08 PM
i dont know if you mean to sound like a child molester every time you post, but thats the vibe i get.

i once had an email address "snomosexual", but after explaining it to numerous people i realized that it came off as if i was a homosexual, rather than the fact that i love snow. since my email name was meant not to promote homesexuality and snow, but an unnatural love of snow, i eventually changed the email.
considering that your posting name comes off as pedophile, maybe you should change your name so as not to remind us of how many sickos are out there.

i know that my post name strikes people as if im a fetishist? but i really do ride a fetish bicycle. now that i think about it, maybe i should change my name too.

anyway, food for thought. cool name, but i associate you with a sex offender everytime i see your posts. i dont think thats what you're going for.

toddistic
06-06-2007, 07:45 AM
i think its a clever name.

my name = todd + sadistic = toddistic, I guess that makes me a sicko too

oh well im going to go beat me

mizake
06-06-2007, 10:07 AM
fetishrdr
pedalphile
toddistic

you're moniker is not much different than those other two, fetish. calm down.

Cecil
06-06-2007, 10:17 AM
I think "pedalphile" is quite clever - not only etymologically accurate, assuming the message is intended to convey the poster's fondness and affinity for pedals, but also a very good pun.

Pedalphile
06-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Cecil said it best. I chose the name Pedalphile because the play on words reflects my enthusiasm for bicycle transportation, not because I'm a sexual predator and a threat to children (I'm neither). In choosing a name, I wanted something that could be construed as both funny and controversial (which it seems to have accomplished), but Pedalphile was my second choice. My first choice was already taken. Thanks to all who posted.

ericthehalfab
06-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Dood Seinfeld is funny... you are not. This is taboo. N'est pas????

Pedalphile
06-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Dude (note spelling), George Carlin is funny, Seinfeld's a wannabe. Read Cecil's post again, then grow up.

mizake
06-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Pedalphile, I just noticed you're a fellow Sellwoodite :) Yay!

Pedalphile
06-14-2007, 07:58 PM
I am, indeed, and I'll second that yay. Sellwood is a great community to live in and to bike in. I've lived here, off and on, for nearly 50 years, and in all that time I've accumulated only good things to say about it. Glad to be your "neighbor," mizake.

mizake
06-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I've only been here for about a year, but it is certainly a nice place. I work near the Lloyd Center, so the Springwater takes me almost directly to work. Very nice indeed!

nofrills
06-15-2007, 08:44 AM
You're name is fine with me, but keep your greasy bike-perverted mitts off of my pedals!

Pedalphile
06-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Relax, nofrills, your pedals are safe. (There's a lot to be said for fidelity.)