PDA

View Full Version : tickets at ankeny intersections

fetishridr
06-04-2007, 02:05 PM
for those of you who get irate about getting tickets, i'd suggest stopping on the ankeny/sandy intersection. i rode by a lady that got a ticket this morning.
Furthermore, this area is congested and dangerous for drivers and cyclists alike. Lets be rational and stop before rolling into fast moving traffic. (UPHILL TOO!!!!)

stop, then proceed through.

ye hath been forwarned

arpeggio
06-04-2007, 02:15 PM
I saw 2 cyclists get tickets from motorcycle police officer Doug Gunderson at 11:30 am this morning. They were ticketed for not coming to a complete stop at the stop sign. One was going uphill and the other was going downhill. 2 weeks ago I was nearly hit by a car at the same intersection; I was on my bike and had stopped at Sandy. As I started to cross Sandy a car went right through a stop sign and almost got me. Watch out! Just because you stop doesn't mean you're safe; you'll just avoid a ticket.

TiAx
06-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Now this is one area where the police should definitely be ticketing people for not stopping (and drivers for speeding). I used to live near there, and this area is potentially dangerous. It's hard to see what's coming in both directions with certainty, and a high traffic, high speed area.