PDA

View Full Version : Mad Props to TriMet

brock
05-23-2007, 01:06 PM
So, I was on crutches for most of the spring and have only recently returned to my bike commute. Since I need to take it easy, I've been shortcutting my trip with a ride on the bus in the morning, turning my 30 mile round trip into a more manageble 18 or so for now. Anyways, I'm waiting downtown when the bus comes, mostly empty as usual, but this morning with both the bike racks full. I'm ready to chalk up waiting for the next one (a while at that time of the morning) or to suck up the whole ride and drop some Advil for the hurt. But! The driver motioned me on, and let me ride with my bike. So awesome. Thanks TriMet driver, and thanks to the rest of the bus for not getting in a twist!

Tbird
05-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Now THAT is the kind of co-operation we should always get from our Alternative Trans Brethren!

vseven
05-23-2007, 06:33 PM
I say we find out who this amazing Tri-Met driver is and send in lots of letters nominating her/him for employee recognition. Think of the implications for the biking community, positive rather than negative (tho sometimes well deserved) feedback from us to Tri-Met ....bike love all around :) What do you all say ????

Me thinks it's well worth the collective effort, and a great thanks to that driver, having spent more time than I want to admit in rehab from injuries.....

tvhwy
05-23-2007, 07:15 PM
That driver might have been bending the rules. Perhaps it's better to let her or his kind deed fly under the radar.

brock
05-24-2007, 07:14 AM
...Perhaps it's better to let her or his kind deed fly under the radar.

Yes please :)

vseven
05-24-2007, 09:49 AM
yes, I see your point. Let's do it by thoughts only :)

heal fast Brock.

Bjorn
05-24-2007, 12:36 PM
C-tran's official policy is that if the handicap spots in the bus aren't in use it is always ok to bring the bike on and strap it in. This happens fairly often on the parkrose express/limited. 3 and 4 bike racks for buses are also available. In corvallis all their new racks hold 3 bikes. Tri-met should be encouraged to increase their bike capacity.

bjorn