PDA

View Full Version : Kuota cross bike

JBarker
05-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Hi

Does anyone know if Kuota makes a cross bike? I can't seem to find this info on their website.

Thank you

fetishridr
05-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Dear Tri Geek
Aerobars dont go on cross bikes.
nor do disc wheels.
The only thing dumber than a CAT 5 road racer on a full carbon bike with Zipps is someone racing beginner category in cross with a full carbon aero tubed cross bike.

i dont mean to insult you (very much anyway), but Kuota broke out with its tri bikes, so i doubt that they are offering a blinged out cross bike, but who knows.

Anyway, buy the bling and race it, but dudes wearing cutoff jeans and riding fixed will be destroying you anyway. But from my own experience, crashes happen frequently on cross bikes and the carbon no likee ze crashees. i'd go for a pimp alloy bike instead.

JBarker
05-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Dear fetishrdr or whatever, a simple yes or no to the question will do. My wanting to know if kuota makes a cross bike has nothing to do with any of your coolguy gibberish.

fawkinghell
05-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Kuota has had cross bikes at euro races for sponsored racers, but don't sell them. A lot of companies do this. If it's the euro-trash thing you're into, There are LOTS of options: Wilier-Triestina, Cyfac, Lapierre, Duratec, Batavus, so on and so on. The trick is to find a distributor, then a dealer, then shell out plenty for just a frame. Don't forget a couple spare derailleur hangers. Good luck
BTW, the Cervelo R3 carbon cross bike should be available any day now. I can just feel it. Seriously.

elmar schrauth
07-18-2007, 02:29 AM
in august the new kuota crossframe will be available

its called "kross"

weight is claimed 1300 Gramm

elmar

elmar schrauth
03-06-2008, 11:14 PM
kuota kross
weight in 56 cm is 1133 gramms with alloycantistuds
fork is cut to 220 mm 420 gramm with steelcantistuds