View Full Version : good Bike Route from Woodstock/52 to 20 SE 8th Avenue?
05-17-2007, 09:46 AM
I am looking at biking to the KBOO location from the SE Woodstock area. Anyone have a route to recommend?
05-17-2007, 10:08 AM
dj, here's how I'd go - but there are plenty of equally-good variations:
- work your way over to 41st (maybe not on Woodstock!)
- follow 41st bike lane north; bit of a tricky Right/LEFT crossing at Holgate, continue north
- cross Powell at signal (this is a bit tricky too), becomes 42nd
- continue north following route signs / pavement markings (white bird droppings)
- Left at Clinton; cross 39th continue west
- Right at 34th signal (4 way stop)
- cross Division, Hawthorne. Belmont at signals
- Left just past Belmont (on morriison) then
- Right on 33rd; cross Stark at signal
- Left on Pine (this avoids hill somewhat)
- Right on 30th
- Left on Ankeny
- Continue to KBOO
Hmmm... I avoid that Holgate crossing on 41st like the plague. A faster trip would be to fly down Woodstock (or Tolman, or Steele) to 26th, left on Clinton, right on 21st and cut through Ladd's, then head up 12th (or I think 10th is an okay through-street) to Burnside. Whee!
05-18-2007, 07:17 AM
Elly, you're right, Holgate/41st isn't good (not good = bad), but I find the traffic hubbub along 26th around Powell even more objectionable to my bicycling sensibilities. The ride thru Ladd is a nice bike bonus, tho -
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.