PDA

View Full Version : Now lets get the 205 detour streets swept

Oldguyonabike
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Hi - me again calling all you 205 riders. More of the construction detours are channeling us onto main streets - especially 92nd and SE Fuller. Both have WAY more glass and crap than we'll ever get with our little brooms.
Here's the deal for calling in requests to get them swept. Clackamas Co sweeps south of Clatsop street (south of Flavel). Judy will answer the phone @ 503.557.6391. City of Portland is responsible for everything north of Clatsop. We need them to sweep 92nd all the way south from Foster because I have a feeling that's going to be the easiest route pretty soon. However, if you look at their website detour description (http://www.trimet.org/pdfs/i205/bikepathfactsheet.pdf) they really plan to detour us all the way from Division south. Portland street sweeping is 503.823.1700.
Please call them. If enough of us do they may take us seriously and our tires will be thankful.

BillD
05-09-2007, 08:20 PM
The number in the previous post, 503-823-1700, is the main dispatch number at the Portland Bureau of Maintenance. It's the one to call after normal business hours. The dispatcher will make out a service request and forward it to the appropriate supervisor. If you call that number during normal business hour, your call will be forwarded and, depending on the time of day etc., you may talk to a human or get voice-mail. The best time to call to get a real person is from 7 to 9 AM or 2:30 to 4 PM.

You can bypass the dispatch number and call Street Cleaning at:
(503) 823-1750 or (503) 823-1778, during normal business hours. Again, the best time to call to get a real person is as above. If you do get voice-mail, don't give up. Leave a (polite) message. These folks do listen to their messages several times a day but they spend most of their time in the field, not at a desk.

It will be helpful if you emphasize that you are reporting a potentially hazardous problem.

Oldguyonabike
05-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks BillD. Icalled the (503) 823-1750 and spoke to a real person who said he would put a request in to sweep 92nd south of Division to the county line. Cross your fingers. Other riders reinforcing the need would be appreciated.