PDA

View Full Version : Found, May 5th: Specialized road bike

wsbob
05-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Found: Specialized Road bike Downtown, May 5th, Saturday night. Describe your bike in exact detail to claim; frame size, color, equipment, age, serial number.

I checked the list of stolen bikes here on bikeportland and it doesn't seem to meet the description of any of those posted so far.

I put an ad in craigslist in Lost and Found. Guess I could put one in Bikes too.

It's in good shape. It was clearly abandoned, lying in a bus shelter near a busy place...people walking back and forth past and around it because it was lying down halfway out into the sidewalk. The guy waiting for the bus that would have fit this bike about right didn't have a clue about who it belonged to or how it came to be there. I rode around in the area for awhile after I found it and didn't spot anybody that looked like they might belong to this bike.

Stopping short of outright turning this bike over to the police, I'd kind of like to know if it's a simple matter to find out if a report for a missing,lost, or stolen bike meeting the description of the one I have has been turned in to the police dept.. I'm not sure I'd want to give them the serial number or the bike just yet. And yes, I might not mind having this bike for myself for awhile if that's not wrong. Any of your thoughts about this would be welcome.

wsbob
05-21-2007, 08:05 PM
It's just me, wsbob, bumping the ad up to the top for more visibiltiy. I've received responses from the craigslist ads, but none have identified the bike. I've been to the police station to run the serial number, but the computer seemed to overloaded, so it wouldn't run the number. I intend to go there at least once more to run the number and see if it's been reported.

Anyway, to whoever the owner is out there, read this ad. It's getting good care, and I've enjoyed some sweet little rides. but if you can provide a strong identification, it's only right that you be back together.