PDA

View Full Version : hit and run on powell

Bjorn
04-30-2007, 05:43 PM
A man was killed on powell saturday night around 9:30 by a hit and run driver. I'd like to see an end to all of these hit and run's in our town. It seems like there are a couple of things driving people to leave the scene. One is that if you are drunk you are better off leaving the scene as killing someone and leaving the scene is less punishment than killing someone while intoxicated. The other reason that I see is thinking that you can get away with it. I've been pondering starting a group that would spring into action anytime there was a hit and run. We would flyer the area trying to find the vehicle/driver, and work to contact body shops throughout the area searching for the vehicle. Are other people interested in this?

Bjorn

Bjorn
04-30-2007, 05:45 PM
oh yeah, and the description of saturday's car is a dark (possibly charcoal) american made car with a rear spoiler. It did not have a license plate, and was driven by a white male. Police believe the car has extensive front end damage, and may have a broken windshield.

Bjorn