PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver/Williams Speed Sensor Personal Bests

Donald
04-11-2007, 04:24 PM
OK, the other day I noticed readouts on Vancouver and Williams that indicated the speed of passing traffic.

With no vehicular traffic to interfere, I was able to register 26mph on Vancouver and 16mph on Williams.

How are the rest of you doing?

ben
04-11-2007, 11:14 PM
there was one on N. Willamette back in feb.
i think i got up to 23 on my touring bike.
i love doing that kind of stuff.

rainperimeter
04-12-2007, 03:52 AM
dans cyclometer tonight said 26 as we rode down the drop on burnside by tabor. when we hit the bottom i pedaled so hard i thought i might puke and left dan in the dust. over 30 i guess?

boneshaker
04-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Hmmm, that's really tempting. The sensor on Vancouver is just after a downhill so 30 shouldn't be too difficult. I'll give it a shot in the morning.

Edit: Hit 33 this morning :)

Donald
04-12-2007, 04:37 PM
I made that 26mph in top gear with my Gary Fisher Tassajara with lead-balloon Maxxis Hookworm semi-slicks on. I don't think I'd be able wring much more out of it there.

I sure some of you roadies can tuck into your drops and get some great numbers there.

worldsafari
04-16-2007, 02:50 PM
around 14 on Williams everyday after work. I'm definately going to shoot for something higher now. Just not today though, my hangover still seems to be lingering. Slow and easy tonight

marco452
04-25-2007, 01:07 PM
That is, What Would Lance Do?

It's quite humbling to know that, if I am not mistaken, his average speed in the flatter time trial stage in one of the last Tours he was in was about 33 mph. If I am not mistaken.

Jeff Wills
04-26-2007, 08:20 PM
That is, What Would Lance Do?

It's quite humbling to know that, if I am not mistaken, his average speed in the flatter time trial stage in one of the last Tours he was in was about 33 mph. If I am not mistaken.

What Would Tanya Do?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIko6Qo6skE
Teenagers!

Oops, no longer a teenager, but still fast:
http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/racing2007/nissan2007/

It seems to me there's an informal competition going on. I saw plenty of folks making good speed down Vancouver this morning. Just be careful- I don't want to see you at work! (I work at Emanuel Hospital.)

Jeff