PDA

View Full Version : Any ladies in SE??

Babyluna151
03-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Hello!

I just moved to Portland last week from North Carolina, now I am looking for some fun girls to ride with!

I would love to ride with anyone of all ages and abilities. I would consider myself an intermediate rider. On a casual road ride, I usually do 20-30 miles and average 15-20mph. But I am willing to ride with anyone! I have been riding by myself all week and it would be great to ride with some people that know the area well!

I love mountain biking as well. I race some but I don't always have the time for it. So I only do that occasionally. I am really excited to explore all the trails in this area!

Also, If anyone knows about any upcoming century rides or just any great rides that are a must do...let me know! Thanks!

cycling fool
03-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Check out the Portland Wheelmen Touring Club, Vancouver Bike Club, or Portland Velo for ride ideas. All have websites with ride calendars and LOTS of people to ride with. You definitely moved to the right city for riding. See you out there.

peregrine
03-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Hey girl

I'd deffinitely be interested to ride with you. Funny thing is I was just thinking about asking around this forum where are all the ladies at :) I think I'm in the same category as you: 30-40 miles on average on my roadie at 15-17 mph ave speed. I'm 23 and live in SW Portland. Right now I'm trying to focus more on hilly routes because my climbing needs work.

Let me know if you want to meet

Take care

bikewonder
03-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Hi there, I would love to ride with you. I am getting back into riding after about 8 months - though I commute everywhere. I live in SE. I will be riding Cycle Oregon, MS 150 and Torture 10,000. So I really need to do some pedaling.

I would say my ave speed would be 15-18 mph right now. Distance-wise I haven't ridden far but could probably do 30 miles right now.

As for information, there is SO much out there that we can either discuss it on the ride or meet for a beverage and talk about it.

waybigdog
03-31-2006, 11:30 AM
Hi there Luna .

A new riding club is getting off the ground by people who seem to be really cool and have a great sense of where they want the direction of the club to go in , www.portlandvelo.net .

There is also a century coming up called " Reach the Beach " http://rtb2006.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=158446&lis=0&kntae158446=05A6BD7EC9C1417681C1B3CE0DB9D3D8 .

Have fun and welcome.

bikewonder
03-31-2006, 12:39 PM
HI there, also I just got my Women on Bikes Resource Guide printed. It lists all (all that I know of) rides/clinics, etc. I am sure there are other things going on that I didn't put in there. If anyone wants one you can email me at janis.mcdonald@pdxtrans.org.

Also, Sorella Forte is an all women's club that has rides on saturday - racing and recreational. Hope to see you on one.

dglvrk2
06-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Hello,

I'm also seeking another riding buddy. I usually go out with my fiance, but it's nice to have another girl or two to ride with! I'm usually up for 20-40 miles and am looking for a century to do before Seattle to Portland next month.

My schedule is pretty open right now, so I can meet most evenings and afternoons for rides.

bikewonder
06-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Yes, summer is here. And I am ready to do some riding too. Most evenings are free as are Sundays and Mondays. I am trying to get myself ready for Cycle Oregon. The hill part is my weakest point.

Let's ride Ladies! My direct email is bikewonder@msn.com. Thanks.

Janis

Babyluna151
06-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Yes! Lets go ride! I am availabe most afternoons/evenings and weekends. Anyone up for a ride this weeend?

dglvrk2
06-23-2006, 04:22 PM
I could ride either tomorrow afternoon or Sunday afternoon. my direct email is kacerney@yahoo.com.