PDA

View Full Version : Humbled by RR tracks

lazlo
04-06-2007, 04:43 PM
I've always thought I was careful going over tracks, but today I was crossing the ones by SE 9th & Division, and while watching cars I must have turned my wheel at just the wrong angle. My front wheel got sucked in the slot and down I went. Never realized how quickly that can happen. Just a few scrapes and a reminder to folks to be careful on the tracks.
Lazlo

norse rider
04-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Don't feel bad, just be glad you are alright. I had my ass handed to me late December by the RR tracks near 5th st in Beaverton. I now walk over EVERY track I come across. Call me a whimp if you want but thats my way of dealing with the tracks. (Shout out to the nurse at Kaiser in Beaverton.)

Donald
04-07-2007, 12:13 AM
I have a set of 26X2.5 Maxxis Hookworms on my Gary Fisher Tasajara and I haven't worried about tracks or storm grates since I mounted them.

They are very heavy at 1250g, but I love that about them. They give my bike a really bottom-heavy motorbike kind of feel, especially in hard cornering.

If you're riding something that will take them, give 'em a try for your next urban assault.

Starkmojo
04-07-2007, 07:35 AM
I got caught in the groove last week and ended up playing bumper cars with a lexus...oops

mizake
04-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Bwwwaaahahahaaa!!!!

nishiki
04-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Yes, those tracks near division are killer because angled.