PDA

View Full Version : Why I love bicycles

Greg Raisman
02-26-2007, 10:11 PM
I love bicycles because they make my world better. When I ride one, I know where I am. I breathe it, smell it, and hear it. When I’m out rolling around I run into my friends. This time of year, I occasionally smell the daphne. I go a little slower than in my car and that’s really nice (I drive more slowly because I ride a bike). Going slower helps me connect to where I live in a positive way. The bicycle has made my body healthier. It costs less and it is good to the earth.

That’s why I love bikes. What about you?

NEPcyclistic
02-27-2007, 02:50 AM
I love bikes because it makes me a better person. I know my neighborhood, I know my friends, I know i'm better, I know I have more money, I know I'm helping the world we live in, I know i'm not wasting my money helping the asses that make money on my gas, and I know I'm a happy.

Those people that choose to spend time in traffic wasting gas and money spending time in traffic to get to work, i know i'm happier and better off then them. The only thing that kills people, other than drug use, is traffic accedents, as an accidental death. I'm glad to not be a part of it. I'd rather be hit by a car, and have a ghost cycle put in my spot, then die in a car accident. If I was able to choose my death, i'd rather die by being hit by a car, then dieing sitting behind the wheel of a gas gusling monster of a car.

We are all better bicycling then driving. I love bicycling because i feel my neighborhood, i feel the air i breath, I feel my myself, and love the feeling of not being held down by the Man we all call government, and most of all, i love myself and the world around me. Lets not fuck it up more.

Timmy-
aka NEPcyclistic

GelFreak
02-27-2007, 12:49 PM
I love bicycles because it keeps me in shape, saves me money on gas, insurance, and you don't pass by everything so fast which allows you to take in more and see things you wouldn't normally observe. Lastly it helps do my part to keep the earth a little cleaner.

Greg Raisman
03-14-2007, 08:45 AM
These are some heart warming bike love stories. Enjoy.

http://www.teamestrogen.com/bikelove.asp

nuovorecord
03-23-2007, 12:55 PM
I love my bikes because when I ride them, I still get the feeling of being 12 years old and pedaling about the neighborhood on my yellow Schwinn Sting-Ray. The wind in my (unhelmeted back then) hair, not a care in the world, free as a bird.

It's good to be 12, even if for a few moments a day!

Jeff Wills
03-23-2007, 09:10 PM
From “Bike Cult” by David B. Perry

A Zen approach to the bicycle experience appears in a story about an old Zen master who questioned each of his five bicycling students, “Why are you riding your bicycles?” The first student replied, “The bicycle is carrying this sack of potatoes. I am glad that I do not have to carry them on my back.” The teacher responded, “You are wise, for when you grow old, you will not walk hunched over as I do.”

The second student replied, “I love to watch the trees and fields pass by as I roll down the path.” The teacher commended the student saying, “Your eyes are open, and see the world.”

The third student replied, “When I ride my bicycle I am content to chant nam myoho renge kyo.” The teacher praised his pupil, “Your mind will roll with the ease of the perfectly true wheel.”

The fourth student replied, “Riding my bicycle I live in harmony with all sentient beings.” The teacher was pleased: “You are riding on the golden path of non-harming.”

Finally the fifth student replied, “I ride my bicycle to ride my bicycle.” The teacher then sat down at the feet of this child and said, “I am your student!”

Jeff

Simple Nature
03-23-2007, 09:24 PM
I like bicycles because I love pain... The rewards of self torture... What doesn't kill you makes you stronger... right? Bahhhh... I just ride because...

biketony
03-25-2007, 04:40 PM
When a correct decision is made, it affects other areas of one's life in a positive manner. Bicycling is a wonderful example of this. There are many positive aspects of riding a bike: Exercise, independence, smaller environmental footprint, parking, slower pace of life, etc etc. Now, many of these things are a great reason to ride as a stand-alone item ("I ride for exercise. Period." "I ride because it saves me a lot of money as compared to car ownership. Period"), but we get the entire package! One activity, many rewards.

kiwimunki
03-29-2007, 07:32 PM
I love my bike because it gives me a voice to sound my barbaric YAWP! over the rooftops of the world. In the world of human interactions, I feel awkward and stumbling, slow and sometimes stupid. On my bike I am a controlled explosion of force and motion. It is pure physical exaltation, to breathe in air and transform every lungful into movement. On a bike, every uphill is an inhale, and every downhill is pure joy exhaled. YAWP!!!