PDA

View Full Version : share the road campaign?

fetishridr
02-04-2007, 10:16 PM
i may be grossly misinformed, but wouldnt the most effective way to reach the vast majority of drivers about bike/car safety include televisions. since 99.0% of the US and i imagine every car driver in pdx watches TV we could lobby to use some of that magical oregon 1% transportation budget for commercials. They could say things like "share the road" and "look before you turn" and my favorite "dont beat up white bikers."
i think it would be nice to see some money go where it counts, and actually change something. i know my attempts to inform asshole drivers of their mistakes falls on deaf ears. i dont think we can do enough for this problem. i'm not looking forward to riding past nick's new white bike on stark st. everyday.

NEPcyclistic
02-05-2007, 03:24 PM
i may be grossly misinformed, but wouldnt the most effective way to reach the vast majority of drivers about bike/car safety include televisions. since 99.0% of the US and i imagine every car driver in pdx watches TV we could lobby to use some of that magical oregon 1% transportation budget for commercials. They could say things like "share the road" and "look before you turn" and my favorite "dont beat up white bikers."
i think it would be nice to see some money go where it counts, and actually change something. i know my attempts to inform asshole drivers of their mistakes falls on deaf ears. i dont think we can do enough for this problem. i'm not looking forward to riding past nick's new white bike on stark st. everyday.

I don't think you're misinformed. But, I'd suggest, radio adds. If drivers are on the road, the radio is probably one.