PDA

View Full Version : Factory on Johnson Creek

Matt P.
01-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Friday, January 5th, 2007, about 7:30am. Was riding westbound on the Springwater Trail, coming up on the Precision cast parts plant on Johnson Creek near the junction with SE Harney. Plant employees park opposite the plant on the south side of Johnson Creek, and the driveways for their parking lots cross the Springwater Trail. Each of the driveways has stop signs before the cars cross the trail. The trail has no stop signs. I was crossing the eastern-most driveway and a car turned onto the drive from Johnson Creek and proceeded to run the stop sign while I was entering the intersection. Fortunately, the driver saw me at the last instant and stopped before hitting me.

I was wearing a reflective vest, and had front and rear lights. In addition, I had a second *bright* front light. It was morning twilight - light was dim but not full dark, and the sun was still below the horizon.

Mung
01-05-2007, 05:43 PM
This has happened to me several times at the entrances to these lots, even on bright sun shine days. The stop signs are half the size as regular stop signs and the people that use these lots either don't see these signs or think they are not valid because it's a private parking lot.