PDA

View Full Version : wild weather

monsieurcris
12-15-2006, 07:09 AM
Besides almost getting blown off the bike in the south waterfront district (literally- right after this a piece of plywood flew past me as well) I didnt think it was toooo bad. A lot of rain, but I didnt think the wind was extremely bad. I saw a few others out riding as well, and some joggers (now THAT is brave). How did the weather treat you all last night?

brock
12-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Funny, I went for a jog... I like to think I'm a pretty dedicated rider, but I thought, no way I'm headed out there on a bike. :) Of course, the power was out in the 'hood from 5 to 11ish, so that impacted my decission.

donnambr
12-15-2006, 07:38 PM
I was slow and steady in getting home last night, and I won the race.

jwdoom
12-16-2006, 10:51 AM
I left my house in Lents, it was cold but sunny.

Somewhere in the '60s on Woodward I had to pull over and swap out my tinted lenses for clear because it was like twilight with the clouds.

Just past 50th almost onto Clinton I had to pull over again and put on my Cobra Commander mask because IT WAS HAILING.

I get to Seven Corners and the sun comes out and it actually gets kinda warm.

Our geographic location is so interesting. Sure weather is more extreme in the midwest, but how often do you get all four seasons in one day in Chicago? (maybe a lot, I dunno).

p.s. those Cobra Commander masks SUCK for bike riding. Glasses fog up and I still got hail in my eyes.