PDA

View Full Version : Borrow a Bike for a week?

kiwimunki
12-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Hey all,
I've got a friend coming into town for a week over Christmas. He's a city planner, and I enticed him to come out here from Washington D.C. with tales of our fabulously bikeable city, the esplanades and the corridors and the boulevards, and the magnificent Terwilliger downhill. One problem: I only have one bike, a ladies' bike. I just don't think he'll appreciate the Terwilliger hill in quite the same way if he's riding on my handlebars.

Does anyone out there have an extra bike laying around that I could borrow? A men's bike for a guy who's about 5''5', a responsible and experienced biker, for about a week (the 20th through the 26th)? Nothing fancy, just something with 2 wheels and a seat, that would be well taken-care of and cleaned up and lubed before being returned to you. Cookies would be involved. Hit me up if you can help out a fellow biker :)

NEPcyclistic
12-07-2006, 12:39 AM
No.
I guess this isn't enough. Posts have to be ten characters long.

NA_CA
12-07-2006, 09:20 AM
We have several bikes, Mt.bike, Touring, 3 Speed, even a 10 Speed. None are exceptionally fancy-all are in descent to excellent shape. You are welcome to bring MAX out to Hillsboro and borrow one for the week. One reason we have so many-we were going to open a used bike shop in conjunction with our safety product shop...we had to settle on a smaller shop and didn't have room for the bikes. You can call me at my shop,
503.648.5300 9am-5pm. M-F, 9-3 Sat.

Simple Nature
12-07-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm afraid my MTB will be a bit to tall for a 5'5" gentleman.
In general it's a well equiped 21" Specialized Hardrock Comp FX with road treads, 24 speed, front suspension, front and rear fenders & lights, computer and waterbottles (no rack, just handlebar bag). The seat can be lowered quite a bit if you'd like to try it out. It is just gathering moss in the shed for the winter and would probably like a little use. Message me if you'd like to check it out.