PDA

View Full Version : Helmet hair prevention

djkenny
10-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Anyone have recommendations on preventing helmet hair? I do not feel OK with riding helmet free as I do not want to become a vegatable in the event of any accident if at all possible. However, my pomp style hair will end up at times only capable of being styled if I rewash it. Not an option to wash hair all the the time after a ride.

norse rider
10-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Ah the joy of Helmet Hair. I keep a cheap comb in my backpack. I commute five days a week to work and of course a shower in the morning does wonders before the ride. Sometimes I leave my Helmet Hair just as it is to get a rise out of the boss:rolleyes:

Cecil
10-16-2006, 10:39 AM
I just don't let my hair grow to longer than about 1/2 an inch. It's just so much easier that way, plus I can wash it in the sink if I have to :)

cecil

djkenny
10-16-2006, 11:30 AM
I knew hair cut style changes couldnt be avoided in this thread
Tried aother looks, but they just are not as flattering, or "me".

I guess I need to find a job that has a shower on site. Does anyone else work in a location that built a shower for employees? I hear that it isnt entirely uncommon. Showers are cheap to install. Correct?

Companies that have gyms for employees are another idea. Nike?

jhuck
10-18-2006, 12:06 AM
Here's a trick you can try: Look in other buildings around your work site for unlocked gyms/showers. I've done this in the past with great success. Just walk in like you belong there. Nobody wants to bother the sweaty guy in bike gear heading for the shower! Jump in, wash off, change clothes, walk out... like Superman.

Just remember... don't get friendly with any of the regulars, and if anyone asks where you work say "upstairs", and leave quickly.

Rixtir
10-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Buzz cut. :D

captawol
10-19-2006, 10:36 AM
Do you belong to a Gym/Health Club. Bally's, LA Fitness, etc. if there is one close to your work join and use their showers in the mornings, and walk or bike slow to your work.

I am lucky, work at Tektronix in Beaverton. We have bike lockers and showers in almost every building on campus. :)

Climber
10-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Anyone have recommendations on preventing helmet hair?

Coconut oil. It remains solid <70 degrees F, so you can carry a small dollop of it with you in a mini-jar. Wet your hair in the men's (women's) room, rub a tiny bit of the oil in your hands until it liquifies, then apply to your handsome locks.

Option B: buzz cut. :)