PDA

View Full Version : Best Winter Overhaul

nborders
10-11-2006, 11:50 AM
I normally fix and maintain my bike throughout the year. However, there comes a time when you need to just have your bike looked at by a proffessional.

I noticed the BG has their winter overhaul special going on. I like BG, and have built a relationship with their mechanics over the years. However, I want the best for me and my bike. I put too many miles on it every day (20 miles a day to and from work over sylvan hill).

What are the best overhaul service you have gotten in the Portland Area?

~n

GelFreak
10-12-2006, 12:07 PM
I shop at Bike Gallery (Beaverton) and River City (on MLK). I prefer River City, due to the fact at river city I never have to ask for sale person assitance and river city is cheaper on MOST items I've shoped for. I've dealt with the service manager at River City on a couple occasion and he's really knowledgable and there overhaul is cheaper.

IMO Bike Gallery raises prices to be the "yuppy" bike shop. Hence the price difference, I HIGHLY doubt you'd see a quality difference. 2Cents

brock
10-12-2006, 12:12 PM
The mechanics at BG and RC are top notch, and both locations will stand by their work.

nishiki
10-12-2006, 12:16 PM
as long as you stay away from fat tire farm you are safe

nuovorecord
10-17-2006, 01:23 PM
BG and RC are good shops. But, I usually take my bikes to either Veloce Bicycles on 32nd and Hawthorne or Sellwood Cycle Repair on Milwaukie and Malden.

Rickey Smith
10-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Bike Galery in Beaverton by far the best Mike and Mark have been with Bike Galley for 20 years. Two guys who I trust my bikes with and I know they will be there if I have problems.