PDA

View Full Version : Another biker killed; this time driver arrested

klrpdx
10-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Happened last night. Details: http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_100306_news_cyclist_killed.c5e53d.html

donnambr
10-03-2006, 05:59 PM
How sad. They didn't play around with this one, did they? Even if the DA doesn't decide to prosecute for 2nd degree manslaughter, part of me is glad she at least got arrested and spent the night in jail. It seems so much more cut and dried when there's substance use involved.

TCR Punk
10-03-2006, 06:13 PM
The driver looks like scum. She should sit in jail for a long time. Long time.

dan
10-03-2006, 07:24 PM
i don't think how she looks has anything to do with it. that statement was really ignorant.

FixForLife
10-03-2006, 09:26 PM
she looks kinda trashed

donnambr
10-03-2006, 09:45 PM
She does appear under the influence of something to me.

TCR Punk
10-05-2006, 01:55 PM
i don't think how she looks has anything to do with it. that statement was really ignorant.

My statement, saying i hope the person stays in jail for a long time, has to do with the fact that, said person was driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol. She does look waisted.

dan
10-05-2006, 04:49 PM
she does look wasted. and i hope she goes to jail. i dunno...you wrote she looked like scum and should go to jail...it kinda came off the wrong way to me, and i was in a bad mood.

knary
10-06-2006, 08:52 AM
No one looks good in their mug shot. She could be drunk, or she could just be exhausted and emotionally torn over what happened, or she could just be an odd bird. This doesn't excuse her, but let's at least try to stick to the facts.

Attornatus_Oregonensis
10-06-2006, 09:08 AM
My statement, saying i hope the person stays in jail for a long time, has to do with the fact that, said person was driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol. She does look waisted.

No, said person is ALLEGED to have been driving while impaired. And I think you mean "wasted."

Let's let the judicial system do its thing -- based on information provided by people with FIRST-HAND knowledge of the situation -- before we convict someone for looking bad in a picture.

I want to see people who kill cyclists get punished as much as the next person. If she was driving while impaired, I'm sure she will get a sentence closer to the 10 year maximum that the charge carries. And if she doesn't, perhaps then we will have something else important to discuss.