PDA

View Full Version : Hit on Scholls Ferry

GelFreak
09-28-2006, 08:37 AM
About 6:20-6:30 heading towards Portland on Scholls Ferry I was hit by a late model small pickup truck that pulled out of the gas station at Hall. I saw him pulling out and tried to stop but I couldnt stop fast enough. I got thrown to the ground but I didnt physically get hit or run over by the truck. Suprisingly nothing was wrong with my bike...and I seem'd ok at the time. My left knee feels kinda swollen now and tender, but other than that just a couple scratches.

The guy that was driving got out and was very concerned about me, so everything turned out ok.

Please welcome me to that dark side now.....Those whom HAVE been hit by a vehicle.

----There are two kinds of bicyclist...those that have been hit by a vehicle, and those that will be hit by a vehicle.----

eagerdrone
09-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope your knee is alright.

The first time I was hit was when I was 10, on my way home from school. A Gresham police car turned into me.

The only other time I was hit by a car was a couple years ago. I was waiting for the train in SE industrial area (SE Salmon), a drunk driver pulled in behind me and rolled into my bike. He got out, apologized, and offered me a beer.

jami
09-28-2006, 04:25 PM
"----There are two kinds of bicyclist...those that have been hit by a vehicle, and those that will be hit by a vehicle.----"

'Bout sums it up. Glad your initiation into the former category went reasonably well... Hope your knee's back to normal soon.

GelFreak
09-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Eager...lol to protect, serve, and possibly kill people occasionally (accidentally and intentionally)...sounds like a good job title for them to me!

Thanks for the well wishes. My knee seems to be ok today just a little bruised.

Can't be happier that I was able to walk away.