PDA

View Full Version : Accident on HWY99

airchair
09-27-2006, 01:15 PM
I was ridding down HWY 99 in Tigard in front of Fred Meyers when a car gave a turn signal only a couple of feet at best before turning in front of me in the bike lane. This is a pretty steep hill and I was moving at about the same speed as traffic. Thank god I was wearing a helmet. I hit his right front fender and flew across the hood onto the asphalt. Not sure what hit first my head or my lf shoulder, which I cant move now cause it hurts too much. It was the full meal deal with the ride to the hospital in an amabalance and all. My bike is totalled and road rash is horrible!

My helmet is cracked in half, I THINK IT SAVED MY LIFE or prevented me from being paralized.

People that ride without helmets are idiots.

brock
09-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Wow, sounds like a rough one. Scary, I cruise down that hill and make a left onto 72nd (accross from Fred Meyer) on my commute. I'm always extra worried there as I'm trying to keep up to traffic speed so I can cross to the left turn lane while at the same time trying to keep things in check in case someone turns in front of me. Worse is when the sun is just cresting the hill and directly in the eyes of oncoming traffic.

Hoping you have a quick recovery...

jami
09-27-2006, 01:52 PM
i second the wish for your speedy recovery.

i hope the driver was good and sorry.