PDA

View Full Version : NE Alberta and 18th

brock
09-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Yesterday, headed westbound on Alberta, about 5:45pm. I was traveling in the middle of the lane around 20mph. Dark blue or balck minivan headed north on 18th waiting at the intersection. No cars were approaching from either direction on Alberta, so I anticipated her pulling out. Of course, she did. I had slowed but still could not brake in time and swerved right on to 18th where we both came to a stop about 10 feet north of Alberta. I was litterally six inches from her bumper. I moved to the other side of the road to collect my thoughts (and to politely engage the driver) but she drove off very quickly. I was unable to get the plate number. Be safe everyone.

vespabelle
09-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Ouch. Glad you're okay. I live on 18th and that's always a really crappy intersection to bike or drive through. I've seen several (and heard) several crashes.

There are a few dark mini vans on my block.

knary
09-26-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm on 18th as well, just feet from where that happened. That corner is hard to pull out on - a combination of traffic speed on Alberta and obstructed views (bus stops + lights + miscellaneous vagrants). Glad you're ok.