PDA

View Full Version : form-fitting rain pants?

ben
09-18-2006, 02:06 PM
i'm a fairly small guy (5'8" 135lbs).
most of the waterPROOF pants that i see in stores these days are WAY baggy on me...like over the top baggy and way long.
does anyone know of a waterPROOF pant that is stocked somewhere in town that is more form fitting, especially for smaller people?

one employee of a shop suggested that i look at women's pants...so i'm just curious what all of you think.

Buckwad
09-18-2006, 02:30 PM
I wear my wife's North Face snow pants... Shhh, don't tell her!

I'm 6'1", but they are nice because they have mesh net on the inside to keep the nylon outside from hanging directly on my bum. Also, the women's size gives me pleny of hip room and shorter legs (I don't care if my ankles get wet, but do mind if my pants got sucked into the chain!)

Not waterproof, but good wind/rain resistance. By 5 minutes into my ride I'm making enough moisture from the inside anyway.

blackpeugot
09-18-2006, 04:37 PM
I just bought some Burley rain pants. These are commute pants.
Now I have to say i'm an odd shape coz i'm tall with long legs and super skinny waist, so the pants are baggy on me , but... these pants have the best closure around the ankle you could ever want.
They have a long zip and a velcro double cuff to taper them in more.
If you are of a height waist propoprtion that is closer to normal america then burley pants would be perfect for you.

btw. these are excellent pants, but they are spendy. If you plant to ride a lot in the rain they are prolly worth it, excellent construction great material and breathable.

jyl
09-21-2006, 09:09 PM
I heard Burley has stopped making these, as well as their rain jackets, though some shops may still have a few pairs.

PersonOfInterest
09-21-2006, 10:42 PM
I just got a Novara Stratos pair. Tight enough to keep out of my chain but loose enough for someone a little too hung up on their looks like me. ;)

"I wear my wife's North Face snow pants... Shhh, don't tell her!" - It's not her you have to worry about, it's the guys at work. LOL.

DJoos
09-22-2006, 10:09 AM
it is true about burley, they have restructered (no longer a co-op) they are no longer going to make clothes, only trailers. they still produced clothing this season though, so it is still out there (warranty?... hmmm...?). I am small myself, try some womens stuff, there is no shame in that (the hips are cut wider though, this can make the fit weird) if it is tight fitting, it should look fine.

J-On-Bike
09-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Bike Gallery on Hollywood had the Commuter pant by Burley. They felt too short/restrictive for me (32 inch inseam).

I bought the cheaper Burley rain pant instead.

Bike Gallery also had a Pearl Izumi that was more form fitting and a Nike ($$$) that was also more form fitting.

thinpaperwings
10-04-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm 5'2" with wide hips and big thighs. I've given up on finding rain pants for the winter commutes. If anyone finds anything, or wants to start up a company to make these, please let me know. I'm sure I'm not the only short, wide-hipped woman who bikes. : )