PDA

View Full Version : Adopt-A-Bike

NA_CA
11-12-2011, 09:40 AM
WashCo BTC is kick starting the holidays with their Adopt-a-Bike program.

Do you remember your first rush of two-wheeled freedom? For $50, you can give a child a set of wheels… and the helmet, lock and training to ride safely.

This years goal is to give away 50 bicycle packages to kids in Washington County with the hopes of making them cyclists for life.

Take a moment to reflect on the feeling that you had when you received your first bicycle. Was it Christmas? Your birthday? You can pass that feeling onto another well deserving child who might not otherwise be able to experience that feeling.

You can either donate through the website at www.washcobtc.org or drop by the Frans Pauwels cycling center located at 21785 SW TV HWY, Suite J in Aloha and see the inventory of bicycles.

Thank you for considering "the gift that keeps on giving".

Apennine
11-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Great idea, NA CA. While I can't pay for a whole new bike, I'm going to see about contributing towards one.

NA_CA
11-13-2011, 03:59 PM
I'll say thank you now...all contributions help to achieve our goal of making at least 50 kids a little happier this holiday season.

NA_CA
12-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Update on the WashCo BTC's Adopt-A-Bike 2011.
The 2011 goal of 50 bicycle packages being adopted by supporters reached the halfway mark.
For a $50.00, a child will receive a gift certificate to come in and pick out his/her bike, a new helmet, helmet information carrier system, and a new lock, plus a two hour bike skills class to be held in the spring. (Wouldn't that put a big smile on a child's face?)
Wanna participate? Go to www.washcobtc.org and hit the "donate now" and then "Adopt-A-Bike".
A child will thank you for sure.