PDA

View Full Version : Bicycle Recycle-Saturday June 4th

NA_CA
06-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Beaverton Recycle Day, Saturday June 4th at the old West Gate parking lot.

Bicycles and helmets will be collected by the WashCo BTC.

Free of charge to drop items off.

Saturday, June 4
9 am to 2 pm
3950 SW Cedar Hills Blvd
Rose Biggi Ave. & Millikan Way
(former Westgate Site)
Enter on Rose Biggi
from Millikan
Exit on Cedar Hills

fearlesscyclist
06-06-2011, 09:47 AM
More than 80 bikes were collected by the WashCo BTC at the Beaverton Recycles Day event. In addition 54 helmets were turned in for recycling.

Thank you to all who responded!:D

wsbob
06-06-2011, 10:55 PM
An old helmet I had around, got recycled at the WashCo BTC 's (Washington County Bike Transportation Coalition) truck. I was there to see some of those 80 bikes and 54 helmets brought in. That was something to see. Lot's of truly junk, department store bikes brought in. Not much good for anything but scrap.

Some good bikes too though, such as a small frame Centurion road bike...a KHS mixte variant...a Nishiki road bike...all nice bikes in generally good condition that, after tune-ups, people needing bikes will be able to buy from the BTC, and in so doing, help the non-profit BTC provide it's various services to the community.

As a whole, the Beaverton Recyling event, was quite a sight to see. An amazing number of people drove up to get rid of stuff. Got to give them credit for making the effort to bring it by to be recycled, rather than just dumping it in the trash.

Lots of volunteers there doing a wide range of tasks, including directing traffic on the one-way course around the former Westgate Cinema site. Traffic congestion on a micro-scale. I was very careful cutting across the lot on my bike after dropping the helmet off and visiting with Hal.