PDA

View Full Version : 105 2x9

instatone
05-27-2011, 01:40 PM
I am looking for gear advice. I have a brand new 9-speed roadbike with Forte performance microshifters and everything else are 105 Shimano Groupo. I want to replace the shifters with 105s but they don't make 9-speed Shimano shifters anymore. Trying to figure out a good price for used 105s in good condition. There's one on ebay that's being bid already at 150. Is that a good price? The bid ends tonight. Also if anyone is selling those for a good condition/price I'd be willing to trade my Forte shifters which are brand new.
Citybike said they'd purchase them for $60 and sell them for $100.
Aaron

wsbob
05-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Maybe you already did a search or posted a question there, but bikeforums is where more people might be available to answer your questions.

I'm curious: You bought this bike new at Performance Bicycle store? I imagine the shifters you're speaking of are brake-shifters. Most new multi-gear cassette hub bikes have them. They seem to be very expensive.

Occasionally, I've seen brake-shifters on portland craigslist, but couldn't be sure of the model. $150 seems to be about the price they were. A quick search brought up a Portland Maine craigslist ad via Yakaz, in which a guy was selling a used pair of 9spd 105 brake-shifters, slightly scuffed, for $40 ...ad deleted by seller.

New 10spd 105's are $250 ...on sale at Performance.

Good luck!

rainperimeter
05-27-2011, 04:12 PM
go with tiagra? other than the brakes being branded as 105 i can't imagine a huge performance difference.

wsbob
05-28-2011, 08:43 PM
instatone...in case you're still looking to replace your shifters, you might check out this guy's craigslist ad. He's had the ad up before. You'd have to figure out figure out for sure whether they're really Dura Ace, rather than a lower grade with Dura Ace hoods.

Shimano Dura Ace Shifters/Brake Levers - $125 (Beaverton) (http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/bik/2408138002.html)