PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know how to convert a jogging stroller to a bike trailer?

stilettopedals
09-05-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't know if this is the right space to ask but I got a second hand Dreamer Design stroller and it looks like it might work with the right parts. Any ideas?

Simple Nature
09-05-2010, 11:35 PM
I will only add a few words of caution to this endeavor. If the stroller was made for bike power, the manufacturer would make an adapter kit. If not, I wouldn't put a human life in it and drag it behind the bike. If we're talking grocery getter, yes, stop by an REI and see how the conversions are done on the trailers they sell.

Spiffy
09-06-2010, 05:42 PM
the web site says they're out of business and no parts are available...

but using the wayback machine I saw no conversion kits on their accessories page...

it doesn't look like any of the upright jogging strollers convert to trailers... nor should they since their center of gravity is too high to be whipped around behind a bike... but they are way more aerodynamic that the trailers...

if it's the low red Exec trailer/stroller then it was originally a trailer with a stroller kit and you could maybe find the original trailer connection somewhere if you're lucky...

Praxillea
09-19-2010, 06:55 PM
http://www.bikehacks.com/bikehacks/2010/05/jogging-stroller-repurposed-into-bike-trailer.html

Took me awhile to get the permissions to post on the forum, I saw this on another blog I have been watching, might help.