PDA

View Full Version : Hall Blvd at the RR tracks near 217?

setha
06-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Is the bike lane on Hall Blvd., westbound, between Nimbus and the railroad tracks, still torn up? Anyone know why, and when it's going to be fixed? I took the attached pictures with my cell phone, and the phone names the photos by the date. So this was torn up for nearly 2 weeks when I took the second picture. Do I complain to Beaverton or ODOT or someone else about this?

--Seth

wsbob
06-17-2010, 11:19 PM
............Seth...I'm thinking that a call to Beaverton's public works/site development might get you in the correct, general direction: ............

Beaverton Public Works, Site Development (http://www.beavertonoregon.gov/departments/publicworks/SiteDevelopment/)

Public Works—Site Development
4755 SW Griffith Drive in Beaverton
BeavertonOregon.gov/PublicWorks
Email: publicworks@ci.beaverton.or.us
Phone: (503) 526-2493
Fax: (503) 526-3720
TTY/TDD: (503) 526-2497

setha
07-12-2010, 06:18 AM
Sorry for the late follow-up. Jim Brink and Bo Chan City of Beaverton did write back, apologized for this taking so long, and blamed the excessive rain we had in June. They said it was a TriMet managed bus stop project within Beaverton City limits. Last time I went through there it looked like they were finally doing something.

wsbob
07-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Seth, good of you to get back with the word. Glad to hear progress on that project is resuming. Being the intensely traveled road it is, Hall Blvd needs all the help it can get, especially as it supports bike travel.

My very limited experience with local government bureaucracy tells me Beaverton's good about responding. Ask a question and they answer, though it might take a little while. Getting things done often is a slow process as it goes through the channels. Weather is an extra hitch.

K'Tesh
07-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Looks like they're installing a bus pullout to allow for NB buses to pick-up/discharge WES passengers. The pullout looks nearly finished, but there still is that pit that is located where the bike lane will go.

I've got concerns about this as I'd be traveling at high speed on that downhill, if I catch the lights right. I could see a bus pulling out, just as I'm bombing down on them... Not good.

I'm calling Colin Maher (TriMet's bike dude) tomorrow to verify.