PDA

View Full Version : Bumper stickers

k7ty
01-28-2006, 01:42 PM
You can buy bumper sticker paper at Office Depot. I like to make one-off custom bumper stickers and I always appreciate the clever turn of phrase. Now I'm trying to figure out how to mount a full-size bumper sticker to my bike. Any suggestions?

Here's a few phrases I've run across lately:

You could have parked here if I rode my bike today

Does this SUV make my butt look big?

12 MPG is not patriotic.

Honk if you support dependence on foreign oil.

-John

Richard S
01-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Here's one I would like to see:

"Naturally powered, no war required".

Putting that on the back of your bike would probably get you run over, however.

You can buy bumper sticker paper at Office Depot. I like to make one-off custom bumper stickers and I always appreciate the clever turn of phrase. Now I'm trying to figure out how to mount a full-size bumper sticker to my bike. Any suggestions?

Here's a few phrases I've run across lately:

You could have parked here if I rode my bike today

Does this SUV make my butt look big?

12 MPG is not patriotic.

Honk if you support dependence on foreign oil.

-John

josh m
01-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Here's one I would like to see:

"Naturally powered, no war required".

Putting that on the back of your bike would probably get you run over, however.

No likely. It's amusing, if you watch traffic how many stickers people have that are against the war, but yet they're still driving? I love the "no war for oil!" stickers on cars. It's fucking awesome.
I used to have a "keep driving cars and we'll keep fighting wars for oil" sticker on my bike just for my friends that always claimed the war was for oil, but drove their cars all the time.

Russell
01-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Funding terrorism one gallon at a time

PeteJacobsen
02-20-2006, 11:26 PM
Does your bike have a rear rack? Most of them have centered holes in the top near the back. How about an 'L' bracket from the hardware store and a couple bolts. You could mount a thin piece of plywood or plastic that way.

If that doesn't work, check where your rear light is mounted - perhaps the same trick could be made to work there.