View Full Version : WSGT part 2
01-31-2010, 10:08 AM
With the success of the West Side Get Together in Tigard, I'd like to propose and garner interest in some of the 60+ cyclists meeting regularly to, in the words of the WashCo BTC (http://washcobtc.org) mission statement, "promote bicycle transportation, protect bicyclists' rights and improve bicycling conditions throughout Washington County, Oregon through education, advocacy and community."
The Frans Pauwels Memorial Community Bicycle Center (http://tinyurl.com/fpmcbc), on TV Hwy in Aloha, has room (although not 60 chairs:)) to accommodate such a gathering.
We would be honored to host meetings on a monthly or quarterly basis as decided upon by the group.
You can reply directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inside pedal up
03-23-2010, 01:40 AM
Just got the westside bike coalition April calender in the email today. Here's what's on it: :cool:
* Saturday the 3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th - Park Tool School - starting with flat tire repair, every Saturday morning from 11 - noon, Dirk Pauwels, Bike Guru for the WashCo BTC will cover a different "short of a bike shop" topic to keep your bike in great riding shape. Class is free to members and $5 per class for non members. Please register at Park Tool School (http://email@example.com&subject=I%20want%20to%20learn%20to%20work%20on%20m y%20own%20bike.&body=Please%20register%20me%20for%20your%20class.% 0A)
* Tuesday the 6th is Volunteer Orientation Night (http://washcobtc.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=42b7ae9e9c79a5b89d2ce4b54&id=b64b7f04b3&e=936a0c6ab3). We'll have a short presentation and then set to work on some projects we have underway.
* Saturday & Sunday the 10th and 11th - we're at the Pedal Nation Events Bicycle Show (http://washcobtc.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=42b7ae9e9c79a5b89d2ce4b54&id=f8c866d56d&e=936a0c6ab3) at the Oregon Convention Center. Tabling volunteers are needed for 2 hour shifts. Contact the Volunteer Coordinator (http://firstname.lastname@example.org&subject=Pedal%20Nation%20Event) for this event.
* Monday the 12th WashCo BTC Board (http://washcobtc.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=42b7ae9e9c79a5b89d2ce4b54&id=0086469a88&e=936a0c6ab3) meeting 6.30 - 8PM
* Thursday the 14th is Support Our Troop Night (http://washcobtc.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=42b7ae9e9c79a5b89d2ce4b54&id=0985664741&e=936a0c6ab3). That's not a misspelling, that is Troop 721 of Aloha.
* Saturday the 17th Tualatin Health & Safety Fair (http://washcobtc.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=42b7ae9e9c79a5b89d2ce4b54&id=85e2f35b57&e=936a0c6ab3)
* Tuesday the 20th is our Annual Meeting (http://washcobtc.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=42b7ae9e9c79a5b89d2ce4b54&id=044d071985&e=936a0c6ab3)
* Wednesday the 22nd we'll be at Nike during their Earth Day Celebration. Details to follow.
The actual newsletter has more good info than you see here. Sign up for it. I've been there and looked around. Drop by and visit these people. They don't bite (unless bitten! gr-r-r-r). Good repair facilities to help you tune up your prize road baby or mountain monkey. Lots of bare bone reliable urban survival bikes for sale that, locked up at the library bike rack, aren't likely to make thieves drool.
Washington County bike transportation coalition (http://washcobtc.org/bike-center/index.php)
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.