PDA

View Full Version : Westside Get Together 1/27/10.

K'Tesh
12-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Well, It's official!

The West Side's getting a BikePortland Social Gathering!

We'll be having it at Max's Fanno Creek Brew Pub (12562 SW Main St., Tigard) on January 1/27/10. Begin gathering 'round 5:30pm. Begins at 6:00pm.

I've been inviting representitives from Beaverton, Tigard, Tualatin, Washington County, Metro, ODOT, The BTA, WashCo BTC, TriMet, TPHRD, and anybody else I could think of (or had the the phone numbers for). If I haven't called you yet, know that you're invited, and I'm still working my phone list.

My knowledge of areas that fall outside of my "range" is a little weak, so if you know of people or organizations who should be invited... By all means, please invite them.

Abyssinia There!
K'Tesh

Haven_kd7yct
12-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Blast!!

I've got a meeting that night for another group I'm involved with. We always meet the 4th Wednesday. Unfortunately, I'm on the Board of Directors for this other group, so I have to go.

Maybe I can hit Max's at 5 and still get out to wherever the meeting is by 6:30. :) I'll try to make both.

K'Tesh, keep me on the list for the next Westside meeting!!

Jonathan Maus
01-08-2010, 07:57 AM
This is shaping up to be a great event. Just heard that WashCo Commissioner Dick Schouten will join us... and he's just one of several local officials who we'll have for you to meet/learn from/ask questions of.

K'Tesh
01-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Talked to Mike McCarthy with Tigard's Bike Advisory Committee. He's looking forward being there.

You're Invited! Please Come.
K'Tesh

fearlesscyclist
01-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Several WashCo BTC members, including YT will also be there:)

K'Tesh
01-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Just a reminder... It's only two days until the Gathering! :D

K'Tesh
01-27-2010, 09:47 PM
I'd say that tonight was a GREAT Success! Our hostess counted about 55 people in attendance, perhaps a few more were there.

A lot of the people that I invited, and a lot of people that heard about the meeting here or on the front page came out.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2692/4310336883_8ab34b52ab.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ufobike/sets/72157623174692105/)

One of the things that I think clearly pointed out, is that Washington County needs a Bike Advisory Committee. County Commissioner Dick Schouten received a lot of support when he mentioned that it might come to be. Mary O'Donnell spoke about her efforts to get a Vehicular Homicide Law here in Oregon which I believe is one of our most important issues.

Now, I'm not a reporter, nor do I play one on TV, so I'll leave the rest of the play by play to Jonathan. I will say that if you weren't there, you missed something that was special... And if you WERE there, THANKS :D for making it SPECIAL!!! :D

I'd Love give a special THANKS to all of our speakers tonight!!! THANKS for taking time to share with us your time, energy, and knowledge! :cool:

Let's Do This AGAIN!!!
K'Tesh