PDA

View Full Version : Can't say I didn't warn him...

K'Tesh
11-24-2009, 11:56 PM
As I ride around town at night I often will warn ninja's of the tickets I've seen the Sheriff Deputies and Police Officers in the area handing out.

Tonight I saw a cyclist pulled over with two of Beaverton's finest issuing him his ticket. I'm sure that he's one of the ones I've warned in the past. What was funny what as I rode by I overheard one of the cops say:

"Now, you should be lit up like that guy..."

I quietly kept riding, shaking my head, and thinking "I told you man".

Happy Thanksgiving!
K'Tesh

q`Tzal
11-25-2009, 10:17 AM
It's funny.
Most of these ninja cyclists are primarily auto drivers and would prefer to have a working car. The people I've seen riding broke down, almost nonfunctional, beater bikes with no lights and few reflectors are the people saving up to fix their car.
Even junkies will have a blinky because they don't want to be hassled by the cops.
What is so ironically amusing to me is that these ninja cyclists are the same one's who'll scream the loudest that they can't see cyclists in the dark and it's not their fault they ran you over. They know that cyclists need to have lights in the dark, they just don't make the mental connection that, when riding a bicycle, they are a cyclist.