PDA

View Full Version : Meadow Muffins... Horses on the Springwater...

K'Tesh
11-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Why is it that dog owners face large fines for not picking up their dogs, but horses crap all over the trail by Johnson Creek? What gives? Doesn't horse waste pollute waterways too?

I'd love to see riders have to keep the trail clean too.

Smell Something? SAY SOMETHING!!!
K'Tesh

bikerinNE
11-25-2009, 01:21 PM
I know huh, i've always wondered that. I hate dodging those big ass land mines.

fredlf
11-30-2009, 12:36 PM
I asked a ranger at Crater Lake once why horses were allowed on some trails, but dogs are banned park-wide. His response was "historical reasons."

In other words, there is no scientifically defensible reason why horses are allowed where bikes aren't, why horse-owners can leave waste on the trail, and why stock are allowed on trails closed to dogs. The only reason stock (and their by-products) are allowed is our ongoing belief that cowboys somehow embody our national character.

Starkmojo
12-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Of all the things that I have dodged on the springwater- dogs on 20' leashes, british (left side riding) bikers, passed out drunks and one moron on a motorcycle, the horse poop is kinda the least of my worries

bobcycle
12-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Besides, you should never pass up some good all natural garden fertilizer. Another reason why those "white bucket panniers" are good to have. :)