PDA

View Full Version : Cheap and easy mudflaps for SKS P45 fenders

zpl
10-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi all,

I just thought I'd share this tip. I have SKS P45 fenders on my bike, and while the have very good coverage, mudflaps would still be nice to have during the really wet winter months. I heard a rumor that Planet Bike's Cascadia Hybrid mudflaps would fit on the P45's, and at only $5 from Planet Bike (w/ free shipping), I figured I'd give it a shot.

http://ecom1.planetbike.com/7026_1.html

They fit perfectly! I'd highly recommend them if you want a set of nice looking and cheap mudflaps on your P45's.

Scott

canuck
10-07-2009, 10:28 AM
How do the "quick snap" attachments work?

zpl
10-07-2009, 01:27 PM
How do the "quick snap" attachments work?

I'm not quite sure how to describe them. You do need to drill two holes in each of your fenders so you can use those quick snap attachments (which are like plastic pop rivets you can remove easily if needed). When I first got the mudflaps, they fit snugly enough on my fenders that I thought I might be able to get away without even using the rivets, but one did fall off during my test ride from road vibration, so drilling is necessary. I imagine you could alternately glue them on if you wanted a permanent mounting setup without having to touch a drill.

I can post a photo or two if you want. It may take me until this weekend to get around to it, though.

Scott

canuck
10-07-2009, 03:49 PM
No photo's needed, I was wondering if drilling was part of the equation.