PDA

View Full Version : Post your weekend bike plans

zpl
06-04-2009, 03:52 PM
I thought I'd create a thread for people to announce any weekend fun rides or informal gatherings involving bicycles.

K'Tesh, please sticky this if you think it would be appropriate to do so.

Me, I'm planning to do the Bridge of the Gods ride on Saturday with a friend:

http://www.rubbertotheroad.com/?p=57

It should be a good 90+ miles. If I'm feeling well at the end I'll probably round it out to a full century.

Then on Sunday I offered to tune up a used bike a friend of mine just found on CL so his wife can get back into riding, after a 7-year haitus.

Scott

bikerinNE
06-04-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm planning on doing a century with an electrically assisted bicycle. :cool:

equalparts
06-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Doing the pioneer century in Canby.

wsbob
06-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Got nothing special planned. Since I've made a little headway towards getting back in shape for climbing and modest distance, I might visit some of my old routes. Went up skyline out to springville road and down today...just a little training run for a lot of you people, but a nice little notch in my belt.

bikerinNE: hope you can get that century in on just one battery ! ;)

phdbd
06-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Pulling out all the stops to (finally) finish the build on the gf's bicycle for Sunday Parkways next weekend. Find a stem, install bars and grips, install bottom bracket, put on chain and brakes.

Simple.

K'Tesh
06-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Me? I'm planning on attending the WNBR Portland on Saturday night /Sunday morning, then sleeping til I can't sleep no more...

I just wish that I could go to the Yehuda Moon's, Rick Smith, book signing on Saturday...

Skin Side UP!!! :D
K'Tesh

zpl
06-12-2009, 04:01 PM
I'll be checking out the Cirque du Cycling tomorrow. Really looking forward to the parade and crit race. Then Sunday night I might even try my first zoobomb.

The rest of the weekend I'll be putting in heavy hours at work so I can take some time off next week and enjoy more rides. :)

Scott

spatialized
06-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Otherwise known as scotch + cigar. repeat as needed. :cool:

Actually doing a helmet fitting/volunteering at the Sunset Community Bike Safety Fair on Saturday. Then...who knows.

thumbprinter
06-13-2009, 05:18 AM
leaving in just a few minutes to do the 'run bull run' route from rubber to the road with a few extra miles on either end... tomorrow will probably involve something on the order of towing my 2 year old to a nearby park and watching him run around. :)

zpl
06-20-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm going to head out shortly to do the Pedalpalooza "Buddhas by Bike" ride. Then tomorrow I'll definitely check out the Sunday Parkways in NoPo.

I'm getting a bit antsy since I haven't done a long ride in a while. Maybe I'll have to scoot out to Crown Point and back after checking out the Sunday Parkway scene - we'll see.

Scott

zpl
07-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Work has been a killer lately...as long as I hit a milestone tomorrow, I think I'll be taking out my frustrations on Larch Mtn Sunday.

K'Tesh just called to prod me toward the Night Ride...that looks like a lot of fun too but I'll probably have to choose between them.

Scott

wyeast
07-15-2009, 11:43 AM
This Weekend? Taking pictures and hauling kiddies around at the NE Parkways. :)