PDA

View Full Version : need bike rec for short girl commuter

jamie
06-17-2006, 12:45 PM
new to the bike commuting scene...would like to eventually commute to Camas, WA by Sept...so need to upgrade my peugeot beater...need a rec for a 5'3" girl with short legs....price range under 900 bucks or so

Babyluna151
06-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Hi!

I would check out Specialized's line of women's specific bikes. I am 5'4 and I love the fit. My current road bike is the 05 Dolce comp. I switched to that from an 05 Allez elite which is basically the same frame but women specific sizing (and the components are upgraded). The women's bike fits so much better. I have much more control of the bike. I recently owned a women's specific 06 hardrock that I transformed into my commuter (it was stolen...*sniffle*) and it fit me really well too. Good luck in your search!

Leeny
06-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi,

I just happen to have a 2002 LeMonde Tourmalet WSD road bike for sale. I'm 5'2 and 3/4". It's a great bike and is equipped with a Shimano Flightdeck, spd pedals, Salsa short and shallow handlebars for a smaller shoulder width, Continental gatorskins new last winter and a new seat. The LeMonde is a steel frame bike and is a great, soft ride. It's taken me lots of places, but I just bought a new bike and am looking to sell the LeMonde. I'm asking $650. If you're interested in the bike, please post a reply and we can arrange to let try it out.