PDA

View Full Version : Angry "bicyclist" Driver

surfncap
06-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Crossing the intersection heading Northbound and Cully and Killingsworth. Had been stopped at the 4 way light. Crossing people had just went and their lights were red. Started to go. Before I entered the intersection the light had turned green.
The car back at the light stayed there for a few seconds, I got through the intersection and the next thing I knew I felt a car brush me, about a dimes width away. I heard tires screech and a black sports car, clean-cut white guy in his late 30's, 5'10", Sandy hair. Flipped me off, I threw my hand up, in a "what?' gesture. Next thing, he's spinning gravel on the side of the road, slams his brakes and throws his door open. He was going so fast that it took 30 feet to stop after slamming on his brakes by me.
Starts running at me full speed. I threw down my bike and got into a defensive stance and yelled "come hit me I want to see your ass in jail today".
Upon hearing the word "jail" he stopped about a foot in front of me. And starts yelling at the tops of his lungs "you guys all make a bad name. I bike 250 miles!" As if to justify nearly killing another biker.
I said, "what do you mean YOU GUYS and what's your problem, you almost killed me."
Then I told him I had to get to work and didn't have time for this. A truck pulled up behind us, blocking the road and the sports car guy stood in front of me and wouldn't let me get my bike. I started talking loudly, "you almost killed me, you're in the wrong, I need to leave." The guy in the jacked-up truck yelled to the sports car guy, "you can't reason with them, just ignore them." Implying cyclists are always wrong.

I had to step around him to get my bike and then I left. Then they sat there talking shit and blocking the road.

Russell
06-15-2006, 09:01 AM
This would have been a good one for noting the sports carís license # and calling the cops: either right then or a bit down the road if he would have attacked you when he saw the phone come out.

More bicyclists need to carry telescopic batons for "reasoning" with assaultive drivers.