PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle top load racks for bikes, etc.

peacepeddler
11-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Is Rack attack in the NW area a good place to buy racks ? Any locally owned rack shops that have decent pricing ? Or other shops that are highly recommended ?
I'll be visiting in the area, and want to pick up base rack set up, and bike rack attachment. For my new car. Rack attack seems to have good reviews. Figure I go with standard models like Thule brand, or Yakima.
What do you think ?

mordac
11-24-2008, 02:01 PM
I purchased roof top racks for my vehicle at Rack Attack earlier this year. Price was good, installation quick and clean, and service exceptional. I had an issue with one of the lock cores on the fork mount - they inspected and repaired for free. I've been happy with my purchase (Rocky Mount fork mount x2, and Thule wheel holders x2) and with the service.

Duncan
11-25-2008, 07:29 AM
while I like rack attack- and reccomend them, if you are handy you can save a bundle by buying used of CL. Generally you will spend half (or less) of the new price. All it takes is time, knowing what you need and some leg work. After deciding on what you want, go to the yakima of Thule website to get the fit specs for your car, then start CL shopping.;)