PDA

View Full Version : Replies to White/Cream SUV OR plates 225 CEG

djasonpenney
10-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Ford pickup-like thing, grey hair, glasses, in his mid-60's, I'd guess. This dude clearly did not understand the principles of traffic. He gave us a Hate Stare as he passed (never felt so African-American in my life, and, yes, I'm a Spook; can't you tell by my picture? :)).

When I gave my report to the authorities (you do have the 503-629-0111 Washington County non-emergency dispatch number memorized, don't you), the officer pointed out that I have all the rights of a motorist.

"And all the responsibilities as well!" I responded. We were in the rightmost lane that served our destination, which is, as the slower roadway users, is our right and our responsibility.

You know the real irony of this? Tomorrow marks the 25th anniversary that the Oregon legislature passed ORS 814.400!

814.400 Application of vehicle laws to bicycles. (1) Every person riding a bicycle upon a public way is subject to the provisions applicable to and has the same rights and duties as the driver of any other vehicle concerning operating on highways, vehicle equipment and abandoned vehicles, except:

(a) Those provisions which by their very nature can have no application.

(b) When otherwise specifically provided under the vehicle code.

(2) Subject to the provisions of subsection (1) of this section:

(a) A bicycle is a vehicle for purposes of the vehicle code; and

(b) When the term “vehicle” is used the term shall be deemed to be applicable to bicycles.

(3) The provisions of the vehicle code relating to the operation of bicycles do not relieve a bicyclist or motorist from the duty to exercise due care. [1983 c.338 §697; 1985 c.16 §335]

Elderly white male, glasses
OR plates 225 CEG
White/Cream SUV type vehicle
<snip>

K'Tesh
10-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Please reply to "The Watch List... (http://bikeportland.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1730)"'s post reguarding the White/Cream SUV OR plates 225 CEG (http://bikeportland.org/forum/showpost.php?p=15962&postcount=14) here.

Thanks!
K'Tesh