PDA

View Full Version : NW Broadway & near NW Glisan

toddistic
08-25-2008, 01:20 PM
This morning, in the bike lane on Broadway near Glisan around 8:15am. I take this route every morning. The NW Broadway and NW Glisan intersection is pretty hairy but this happened just before that.

White SUV makes an immediate right turn with no signal into the pay parking lot just north of NW Glisan. I was riding right next to him. I turned with him , then I jetted in front of him, and around him. Once I did this, I turned around and went back to the parking lot he pulled into and told him (suffering from a major adrenline rush):

"you need to watch what you're doing and use your turn signal buddy!"

he replied,

"I'm sorry!"

and i rode off.

probably the closest call I've had to date as I was no less than inches from his car during the encounter the entire time. dude definately knew was in the wrong and offered no defense.

todd

djasonpenney
08-25-2008, 02:00 PM
...we all make mistakes when operating our vehicle. I think venting like you did was appropriate, especially since the driver acknowledged that they made a mistake.

Keep making a positive impression on people! The underlying subtext of this near miss might be that he didn't think that a bicyclist might actually be next to him. Now that you've been nice to him, perhaps the possibility might be more likely to occur to him next time.

toddistic
08-25-2008, 03:49 PM
lets hope so... i'm personally hoping that if i do get hit i can cash in on some of my accidental death and dismemberment insurance i have through work.