PDA

View Full Version : Killer Step Ladder

vincentpaul
08-20-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm plodding home down Roy Rogers Rd in a rain storm this afternoon. Paint contractor blows by at a good 60 mph and a large metal ladder (I'd guess an 8') flies off his truck into the air, lands about 50 feet in front of me and basically explodes. :eek: It did demonstrate that the new pads on my cantis work well in the rain.

p8ntballbiker
08-20-2008, 07:51 PM
wow! Thats scary, I know how heavy those ladders can be and how fast people on RR drive! I feel your pain about the rain, I got it both going to and from work today!

Simple Nature
08-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Did ya take the bits to the scrap metal recycler?

lynnef
08-21-2008, 07:49 AM
the mind boggles. How are you doing today? What did the driver do?

K'Tesh
08-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Glad to hear that you didn't make contact with the ladder...

Hope your heart has managed to return to a normal rhythm.

Rubberside Down...
K'Tesh

vincentpaul
08-21-2008, 08:59 AM
What did the driver do?

He seemed to blame me for being in the bike lane. He was probably at the end of a long work day, and he seemed annoyed that he had to walk back and clean up the mess.
"Wow, that was close! That could kill someone, you know?"
"No sh#t, Sherlock."
"Well, have a nice day anyway. Hope it gets better for ya."

K'Tesh
08-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Vincentpaul,

With his response, I'd have thought about calling the police to report him for driving with an unsecured load, offensive littering...

Take Care!
K'Tesh

bikerinNE
08-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Vincentpaul,

With his response, I'd have thought about calling the police to report him for driving with an unsecured load, offensive littering...

Take Care!
K'Tesh

Wait, call the police? The driver stopped, apparently cleaned up the mess. Perhaps he did tie down the load, but an accident happened. The wind, with help of the rain loosened the straps. Or, Maybe, the straps broke because of the wind. Sometimes things happen beyond peoples control. At the least the driver stopped, and no persons were hurt... lets not be so... whatever and be quick to call the police.

Offensive littering? Did the driver put the truck on cruise, climb into the bed and toss the load onto the street?

vincentpaul
08-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Sometimes things happen beyond peoples control.

Yep, that's why I wished him a better day. His was clearly going worse than mine.