PDA

View Full Version : need a bike fit

elk
08-15-2008, 09:17 PM
i need a bike fit; i'm sure i'm just cm away from bike bliss...but i need some help. can you recommend someone who does solid work for a gal on a budget of both time and money?

fredlf
08-19-2008, 02:38 PM
I think River City discounts fitting services in the winter. I got a fit there last winter for $100 (if I remember right) and it was excellent and very helpful.

ben
07-09-2009, 08:33 PM
i hear that some places in town will give you a year or two (after you get fitted by them) where you can come in again and get remeasured and such (at no extra charge).
you know, if you get new components...etc...

does anyone know which place offers you the longest amount of time after your initial fit?

also: whats your recommendation for most affordable bare-bones basic fit?
and then how about for the most detailed, professional and in-depth one?

i've noticed when i ride 70+ miles, things that normally weren't uncomfortable/painful/achy/sore/numb/etc... (when i rode shorter amounts) are.
i've tried adjusting most of the obviously stuff in every direction and degree, but still can't seem to get it right.
therefore, if i'm going to continue to do tours (usually less than a week), i'd prefer to lessen the pain and numbness.
so i thought i'd be best of getting a professional fit.

please help me by bestowing upon me the knowledge that you have of my choices for bike fittings in portland.

thanks in advance