PDA

View Full Version : The Flat Tire, and Karma...

K'Tesh
08-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Was riding to work today, got out early, so I'd be early... I spotted a US Flag lying on the ground and I did the patriotic thing, I picked it up so it could be respectfully retired, got back on my bike and things were a little soft...

My front tire was flat. I walked the bike off the freeway and up to a TriMet bus stop to perhaps catch a lift to work. But today I have an appointment, and I don't have a lot of time for lunch, so I decided to R&R the tube with the spare... broke out the tools, removed the tube, and ran the inside of the tire to find the embedded object. It was a piece of metal, about the size and shape of a child's pinky fingernail. I was so frustrated I threw it down... Right into the bikelane. I couldn't believe what I had just done. I looked and looked and looked for it, knowing that if i didn't find it, I'd find it again later at the worst possible time.

I couldn't find it, but I kept looking as I swapped out the tube and pondered the error of my way. I realized that I'd never be able to find it, but I spotted a piece of glass nearby, so I picked it up and tossed it out of the roadway. Guess what I found nearby.

Yep! You guessed it... I found my piece of metal...

Karma can be a real PITA sometimes... I thought I'd share this with you so you can learn from my experience. As the bumpersticker says:

Good Judgement Comes From Experience...
Experience Comes From Bad Judgement! ;)

Rubberside Down!
K'Tesh